Thursday, August 20, 2009

JILL MIX + SUGAR MINOTT













Space-Electro, R&B, Disco, Pop, Dancehall, more…
…from France, Brazil, Germany, Africa, Turkey, Jamaica and America

This mix (60 minutes) was originally put together for a party hosted by my friend Jillian a few days ago. It was created (quickly) but I liked the results and have chosen to share it with YOU.

1. Droids – Shanti Dance Part 1 – Star Peace (1978)
2. Quick Culture – Quick Culture 2 – Quick Culture (1982)
3. Gilberto Gil - Axé, Babá - A Gente Precisa Ver O Luar (1981)
4. Caetano Veloso – Gente – Bicho (1977)
5. Marcos Valle – Mentira - Previsão do Tempo (1973)
6. Mogöllar - Sehnaz Longa – Mogöllar (1971)
7. Manu Dibango – African Carnival – Africadelic (1973)
8. King Sunny Ade - Eje Nlo Gba Ara Mi – Juju Music (1982)
9. Sugar Minott - Inna Rub A Dub - Inna Reggae Dancehall (1988)
10. Burro Banton – Stumbling Black – Buro (1983)
11. Wagner Tiso – Trem Torto - Trem Mineiro (1981)
12. People’s Choice – Opus De Funk – We Got The Rhythm (1976)
13. Hamilton Bohannon – Dance Your Ass Off – Dance Your Ass Off (1976)
14. Diana Ross – Love Hangover – Diana Ross (1976)

….

Sugar Minott:



Enjoy!

1 comment:

DJSteve said...

Clearly I have a lot of listening to do with all this amazing shit on your blog. I really had no idea of the scale. I cannot wait to bite into the juicy, tender files.

Thanks for the kind words! I'll be shitting mixes like crazy because I actually have a decent recording capability. I hope you enjoy!