Saturday, April 21, 2018

Won

If you close your eyes, can you recall what it felt like to be there?

Can you picture what it looked like that night, as we drove over the grass and found our spot?

Do you hear my voice and do you see how I looked?

I was a star the first night, bathing in quiet confidence and the hum of your company.

As the cat stalks the reeds I followed your calling and that which you cannot quite make a call on and my heart was beating, the blood was flowing. I knew who was at the wheel and I could not shake the forward motion if I tried and I didn't.

Do you remember how dark it was by the time we were settled in that night? I couldn't see more than a few meters in front of myself.

I am given a pure moment where nothing was to be done. I drink from my cup and inhale air, the summer ending, surrounding by others disappearing into the night. I laugh and I laugh with you while the other folks smile and offer pleasantries and I can tell that you I have done right many years away and lives away and kilometers separate us from the little hills and banks of our childhood. Now I walk up from the bank and I sit down at the table to try my hand.



No comments: