Monday, October 4, 2010

10 "Drowned" excerpts + LA photographs



MAN #1
I dreamt yesterday that I was drowning. I was laying down outside, gazing up at the stars, you know, it was a nice night. It began to snow.

MAN #1 (CONT’D)
But the snow felt fake, it felt like it was paper, confetti or something. That was the first weird thing I noticed in the dream. Things became stranger after that. More snow came down, and it changed colors, and all the while I felt myself coming apart, my weight bringing me down, like I was drowning or something. And I realized then, that the ground below me was sort of giving in.
Reaction shots of Maggie, Arthur, Philip and various audience members.

MAN #1 (CONT’D)
I was drowning. The snow started falling more and more rapidly, and it felt heavier. White-colored snow, peach-colored, black-colored, brown, blue, yellow, I felt my legs collapsing and sinking, and then my chest, then even my shoulders and my head started to collapse. I realized I was sinking beneath the ground, into a kind of hole. It was horrifying. I was falling. I was lost...but, I don’t know. There was...there was something liberating in the um, letting go.

No comments: