Monday, October 4, 2010

10 "Drowned" excerpts + LA photographs
















SOPHIE
Oh, that was just my friend.

He nods his head and walks back in the bathroom to rinse out his mouth.

SOPHIE (CONT’D)
Actually someone I might be working with...on a play, I mean-

MAN IN APARTMENT (O.S.)
Cool, very cool!

Sophie perks up at his interest.

SOPHIE
Yeah...yeah, I mean he’s trying to do something pretty interesting, you know? He’s adapting the Odyssey, but he’s um, an experimental director, so he’s trying to take on this more traditional narrative, you know it’s sort of this challenge-

MAN IN APARTMENT
(speaks over the sound of running water)
Hey, sweetie, if you’re trying to say something to me, I can’t hear you ‘cause the water’s running!

Sophie stops herself. She doesn’t move from the bed but stares at a pile of laundry in the corner of the room.

The man appears from the bathroom, wearing only briefs and a t-shirt.

MAN IN APARTMENT (CONT’D)
So what were you saying - I’m interested, I’m, you know, I’m here, I’ll all ears.

SOPHIE
Oh, it’s - (nervous laugh) it’s, nothing, I was just saying this guy, I just talked to, he’s trying to direct a play. A rendition of the Odyssey.

MAN IN APARTMENT
(looks at her and shakes his head over and over again)
Odyssey, whatever it is, you know, you just need work. If it has to be that, it has to be that, you know?

She looks up at him, her lips pursed. He leans in and kisses her neck.

No comments: