Monday, October 4, 2010

10 "Drowned" excerpts + LA photographs






















PHILIP
No, I’ve worked at all the places. The thing is-
(beat)
No one wants to host it because my last play received a pretty bad review in the Times. They don’t want to risk it, I guess.

The waiter comes by and refills their waters.

SOPHIE
Really? You didn’t mention-

PHILIP
Yeah, I know. I don’t like to talk about it - that situation - I spend too much time thinking about it as it is.

SOPHIE
Sure, I understand. Do you think the review was at all valid, at least?

PHILIP
No, actually I don’t.
Sophie motions to the waiter, and raises her beer to suggest she wants to another one.

SOPHIE
Then I wouldn’t dwell on it. Half-the-time I don’t agree with the Times critics anyway.

PHILIP
(with difficulty)
Well, I actually know the critic.

SOPHIE
Really? Like...well?

PHILIP
Not really. He’s my father.

No comments: